While Christmas is about more than gifts, Jesus was a gift from God to us. We want to use gift giving as a way to love kids and show them Jesus. Around the world, there are many children who will not receive a Christmas gift, but you can help! Below are the steps for you and your family to pack a Christmas shoebox for one of these children. We are collecting these boxes until November 13, when we will get them ready to be shipped around the world.
- Shoebox - use an empty cardboard or plastic shoebox (average size). You can wrap the box and lid separately, but wrapping is not required.
- Boy or Girl - Decide whether your gift will be for a boy or a girl, and the age category: 2-4, 5-9, 10-14.
- Fill with Gifts - Fill the box with a variety of new, quality gifts that will be delight to a child. Click here to see a list of Gift Suggestions & gifts to avoid.
- Include $7 and Shipping Label - A donation of $7 per box is helpful to transport your gift and deliver it into the hands of a child in need. To pay and print a Follow-Your-Box Shipping Label, click here. Donate your $7 online and receive a notification later about the destination of your shoebox. Print or pick up a Standard Shipping Label at the Connection Counter on Sunday. Include a check to Samaritan's Purse for $7 per box and place it in an envelope on top of the items inside your shoebox. Mark the correct age category and tape the label to the top of your box.
- Drop-off - at Lobby Connection Counter by Sunday, November 13.
If you are not able to put together a shoebox, you can donate towards purchasing more shoeboxes and paying for shipping costs.