While Christmas is about more than gifts, Jesus was a gift from God to us. We want to use gift giving as a way to love kids and show them Jesus. While all of us have heard of the Syrian refugee crisis, they are as close as Sacramento, and you can help! Below are the steps for you and your family to pack a Christmas shoebox for a child from a refugee family. We are collecting these boxes until November 12, when we will get them ready to be transported to Sacramento.
- Shoebox - use an empty cardboard or plastic shoebox (average size). Please only color or draw on the box as wrapping will be removed.
- Boy or Girl - Decide whether your gift will be for a boy or a girl, and the age category: 2-4, 5-8, 9-12.
- Fill with Gifts - Fill the box with a variety of new, quality gifts that will be a delight to a child. Click here to see a list of Gift Suggestions & gifts to avoid.
- Shipping Label & Cost - Print or pick up a Label at the Connection Counter on Sunday. Mark the correct age category and tape the label to the top of your box.
- Drop-off - at Lobby Connection Counter by Sunday, November 19.
If you are not able to put together a shoebox, you can donate towards purchasing more shoeboxes and paying for transportation costs.